Blogging with Blogstomp
Blogging had been strenuous for me, as I was running a wedding blog and had my own photography blog to be posting on, too. I found that my WordPress took forever to upload all of my media, and then of course there was the time it took to manually change my image text names for SEO purposes. I would get so excited about a blog post, but once it began lagging so much, I would give up. I also started many series posts, like Techy Tuesday, Fun Friday, and so forth, but I never completed any of them. I felt defeated until I learned how to streamline my workflow and blog faster. I also learned that it wasn’t quantity, but quality, and that time spent should not be mostly on blogging but on promoting existing blog posts. I had been using Blogstomp for my image collages for blogging, but one day I finally decided to try the BLOG feature in it. GAME CHANGER. Not only did it make my blogging 70 times faster, it also made my SEO workflow faster as well. More blogging = happy photographer! I am a still a work in progress with blogging, as I now run 3 blogs, but here is how to make blogging faster by using Blogstomp.
1) Step 1 – Purchase Blogstomp ( affiliate link on sidebar) if you haven’t already done so, and make sure you have the latest version. Some older versions do not have the Blog feature. If you have not purchased it yet, here’s some good news! I have a discount code you can use! YAY. FASTFEB for 15% off.! DO IT. I am not just promoting them because I just signed up to be an affiliate, but because I have been an avid user and totally believe in this program and what it has done for my business.
2) Step 2 – Change default settings in output. Blogstomp by default changes filenames to its stomp date, so you want to make sure to set it to use the original filenames. As I have mentioned before, part of my SEO workflow is renaming images with my main keyword idea for my blog post. Go to Settings > Output > Original Filename.
3) Step 3 – Link your WordPress/Blogger/Tumblr blog to Blogstomp. Go to the the Blog tab. Then select which of these platforms you use.
Next, you give a name for your blog. Put the full URL of the blog and your login info. For example, if you use WordPress, it would be your login for WordPress: your username and password. The click on Test Connection.
4) Blog, and blog fast! If you’ve been using Blogstomp, you already know how to stomp your images. This step doesn’t change, so stomp as usual. Now that you’ve stomped the images that you want for your blog post, go to the Blog tab and choose from the drop-down at the bottom either “Images created today” or “Images created this week”, whichever images you want. They’ll appear along the bottom.
Before you even select your images from the bottom, I suggest you choose your blog post title and fill it in at the top where you see Post Title. Enter your witty title here. Next, go to right sidebar and pick the category. Then, in the text box, write your actual blog text. If you are blogging a session, discuss the session, details or whatever text you would usually be blogging inside WordPress for.
Now you will click on the images you want to include in your blog post, and they will be highlighted in blue. It’s important that you pick the images in the order you want them posted, and you can skip over images by holding down the control (Ctrl) key on your keyboard while clicking.
5) Step 5 is “upload it baby, and optimize it!”
Now you go to the right side in the SEO features area, and you choose whether you want to use your existing keyword post titles or write a custom one. You should definitely fill in the alt tag and title tag. Since I usually rename my images, I come up with custom alt tags and enter them in. Now you are ready to click Upload as draft. Sit back, relax, and watch your blog draft get posted as a saved draft with the text, all of your watermarked images, and SEO goodness in under a minute.
Once you experience how fast you can blog with blogstomp, you will look forward to blogging. I promise! If you prefer to watch a video on how to blog faster with Blogstomp, I have done that too! Voila! Watch below.
WANT MORE BLOGGING TOOLS- Sign up to my newsletter fore my blogging tools check list- sign up here!